11.15.2020

Where are all of this heading to?

Hi guys, It's been our 8th month struggling with COVID-19. It's not getting easier, isn't it?

the numbers are getting bigger and bigger. It's been a while I didn't get updated on world's cases. So It's November 15th and COVID-19 cases around the world are:


 


I got it from here

 

And this is Indonesia:


 

What do you think?

Honestly as a healthcare worker I feel so tired and insecure. 

I work as a Pharmacist in Primary Healthcare Center (Indonesian: Puskesmas), owning by the Goverment. Guys, believe me every healthcare worker (whether it is government or private facility) must be very tired of this situation. Almost everyday we're doing the screening, tracing, swabs, evacuation, take care of patients. Sometimes when we're going to swab we got rejection too from the patient's family, citizen and society. They said that COVID-19 is a totally hoax! People refused to used  mask, making  crowds. But once their neighbor got infected they tend to squeeze them out ! That's ironic, unfair,  and this is real! I work in a rural area too, which this is so challenging!

I feel sad everytime my friend (Health Analyst or Nurse) went to my room (Pharmacy), ask for some personal protective equipment (PPE) because they'll do some screening or tracing. God, when is it going to be end? There was a time when the PPE stocks were limited, you know  coveralls, n95 masks, handgloves etc. I don't know what should I do, even it's stressed me out because the prices are fluctuating and some distributors are out of stock! Whereas we need it the most. I keep asking in my mind: what would happen if the stocks are totally empty? my friend need to do a tracing everyday, we must serve our patient everyday, we need PPE the most to protect ourselves and the others. I know all of my pharmacist friends feel the same. *big hugs. 

We have recieved some PPE donation too from social institution and communities so thank you so sooo much, kind peoples! It all means a lot for us 💕


source: here


Once, the staffs from the other Primary Health Center (not too far from my workplace area) were positive for COVID-19. There were 2 staffs who positively infected. One of them is someone that I know, we're friend from a training. I was kinda shocked, COVID is getting near. This situation made every staffs were swabed, and They had their self isolation, at least until their result were negatively confirmed. The Health Department (in my workplace area) made a decision that a  Primary Health Center couldn't be closed no matter what the situation was. OMG! So it was decided that the other Primary Health Centers which were in the near area, took their control and helped them for daily service, so that we could still helped the patient who need medical services. And... I was chosen to taken control of the Pharmacy service for one day. I was... okay then, I believed that it would be alright, it was just a day tho' (in fact I felt nervous and insecured too LOL). That was such an experience, although Parmacists are not in the front to face the patient. We're not that much contacting to the patients. I mean unlike my friend who are doctor, nurse, and analyst that should taking a rapid test or swab directly to the patient, but let's be real COVID-19 cannot choose whether it is a healthcare worker or not, rich or poor, it could be anyone!

We're all in this situation together, guys. Government is now doing the massive sceening and tracing, I know it was hard for everyone in so many sectors. Economy must be continue, and... the election too ._.  hmmm... I know I work in government area too but sometimes the policies are improper too, and to be honest I hate it when it comes to politics! It is too dark! 

We heard from the news recently, there was a public figure who made a crowds, ignored health protocols but still got the respect from the peoples. I ... I don't understand. Where are all of this heading too? Why do they spread hatred? Why people are believe in them? We're just hurting each other, aren't we? I can't imagine what kind of world we're become.

Anyways, stay safe and be healthy, guys! Don't forget to use your mask, keep the hygine, and (try to) be happy no matter what.

Regards.




11 comments:

  1. Stay Healthy, Safe and Sound kak! I believe we can get through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Udah lama banget ga ngikutin berita covid, ternyata casesnya udah sebanyak itu ya mba. stay safe ya mba, semoga pandemi ini segera berakhir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEhat-sehat selalu dan tetap semangat ya, Mbaak. Kasus masih terus nambah, tetapi banyak orang yang sudah abai prokes, sungguhhh bikin kezel! BTW iparku sedang nunggu hasil Swab ini. Doain yang terbaik ya, Mbak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iya mba, rasanya kesel sendiri yaa hahaha. Yang terbaik buat iparnya, semoga semuanya aman dan sehat2

      Delete
  4. heyyy stay safe ok , i wish u doing good 💛

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to shout your thought, comment, and critique

Cute Polka Dotted Rainbow Bow Tie Ribbon